Aug 6, 2008
Camping
Now that the summer is almost over we finally got the chance to go camping. Scott has had this camping trip planned most of the summer. We were taking Scott's parents camper up to Tony Grove to stay for a 3-4 days. We got all our stuff and all the kids plus Josh(cousin) packed up and headed out on Sunday afternoon. Things didn't work out as we anticipated and we ended up staying up Franklin Basin. Since it has been a dry summer everywhere was very dry. Withing minutes of stepping out of the truck we were all covered in dust. We made the best of it. We made and floated little boats down the stream, colored rock, stick and bark with markers, (so much for leave no trace behind), read 2 Junie B. Jones books, took a couple of mini hikes and froze our hands and feet off playing in the stream. The girls and Landon seemed to have fun, that has to count for something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
First of all I LOVE the new look of your blog. Please tell me where you found your cute template.
It sounds like you had a pretty relaxing camping trip. That is all I ever want when we go camping but since the only time we camp is at family reunions it doesn't ever end up being very relaxing. We should try to get together again before school starts.
How fun! I haven't been camping in sooo long! I love the pic of Landon's messy face! Jeff hardly recognized Josh in the pic, it really caught him off guard!
S
I'm glad you were able to get away and go camping. I bet your kids has a blast!
Sorry we missed you guys when we were up there. It was nuts! Not to mention the day we were in logan our kids were sick! Camping looked like fun! Hope you are surviving life. see you soon>>>I hope
Post a Comment