Mar 5, 2010
Parenting Classes
We feel as parents of 5 VERY different children that we need as much advice, ideas and suggestions we can get. So we're taking another parenting class. Due to schedules we missed the first couple classes. I was able to attend last weeks session and learned some interesting ways to help discipline children and natural consequences. In this picture you will see one of my darling children taking part in her natural consequence. She has a tendency to scream really loud when she get mad or frustrated. The teacher suggested that with this problem to have your child go outside or in a bathroom and scream for 5-10 minutes. If they stop screaming you start the timer over. If you notice she is in the garage, she's too loud to stay inside. But I did make sure she didn't freeze while out there. Just so you know it worked rather well. She came back in with a bit of a sore throat and much more calm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good one!! will have to use that one
I need to go to that class soon. I feel like I'm loosing my mind lately with these boys.
Post a Comment