Sep 26, 2010

Changes

I know that our lives are always going to be changing. Usually it's a change that will help us grow and become a better person, none the less I'm still not a big fan of it. At my church I've been in the nursery (the kids from 18 months to 3 years old) for the last 3 years. Right before Landon was suppose to go in I asked if I could be the teacher. It was my favorite!! I think I did a decent job in there. I know that a lot of people don't like that job or don't want to do it but I feel like it's a privilige to teach these little people about Jesus. Even though they are young they seem to know and understand more about Jesus and Heavenly Father than some adults. Their sweet little spirits are so willing to love unconditionally, unless of course you take their favorite toy away. I loved that these little faces would light up when they saw me. I could go on and on about all the wonderful things in nursery but I won't, I'm sure you get point. This is about 1/2 of my class, aren't they adorable?!
So to get on with it, a couple weeks ago I was asked to do a different calling and to leave my little nursery class. I really wanted to 'Just say NO' but knew in my heart it was time for someone else to enjoy these wonderful kids and for me to do something else. I'm excited about the new experiences I'm going to have and the new things I will get to learn.

5 comments:

Sharlee said...

Those are some really cute nursery kids. No wonder you hated to leave them. So.... what's your new calling?

Brynne said...

I think the quickest way to get released from a calling is to absolutely love it and feel comfortable in it (and say that outloud)! :)

kjha said...

You left us hanging! What are you now?

Heather Palmer said...

You did a AWESOME job! Bryan and I were sad they were taking you out but Blake will only be in there for a couple of more months anyway. Thank you for all the things you taught my kids. You made their first experiences in church wonderful ones.

Julie said...

And what is your new calling????