Nov 1, 2010

Long night

Little Hubba woke up Tuesday morning congested and coughing. As the day went on she started sounding worse. She had that high pitch cough, the croup cough. By late afternoon I knew I had a long night in store for the two of us. Bayler got croup every year until he turned 8, Tylee until she was 4 and Landon had it twice so I figured I had it under control. We started doing the hot steamy bathroom then outside at about 8 and continued until 10:45pm. She was getting lethargic and I could tell she wasn't getting enough oxygen so we packed up and headed here....
Twice on the way to the hospital she couldn't get a breath, I was feeling a little panicky. We made it up there quickly and they got us in right away. They did all sorts of breathing treatments, steroids and x-rays. We didn't get to leave the hospital until after 4am. By the time we got home, got her settled in bed it was almost 5am. I got up for scriptures at 6:40 so I didn't get much sleep that night. But my wonderful husband let me take two naps and he picked up and dropped of kids all day for me.

1 comment:

Heather Palmer said...

Des that is awful! We've been though croup a few times, once with Blake was like 2-3 months old. Once your kids have had it you will always recognize the cough. At least you took her in the ER with it being that bad.