Jan 6, 2011

2011

We always have fun on New Years Eve and New Years Day but I never have pictures. I think it's because both of these parties involve a massive amount of yummy food. Who has time to take pictures when you are stuffing your face? Not I! We had lots of fun on both days. After these two days I'm so ready to start my new years resolution of eating healthier. Notice I didn't say, eat less. I just would like to make better choices on what I eat. Just for the record I'm writing my new goals.
*Eat healthier
*Work out the whole year, no quiting 1/2 way through the year
*Family prayer, morning & night, we're always bad in the summer
*Scripture study, same problem as above
*Reunite a child with his/her mom
*Only saying positive things about other people. Please feel free to remind about this if you see me doing otherwise!!! I'm serious.
*Enjoy my kids more!!
*Not taking on more than I can reasonably handle.

I'm proud to say that a made a hard decision yesterday that had to do with the last one. I got a call from DCFS with a foster placement. I was so excited about it when she said a 9 month old baby girl. Then she went on to say a little boy that just turned 2 and another little boy that just turned 3. So it was a sibling group of three, AGAIN. My first thought was yes. I did it before, I can do it again. Then I remembered that soccer registration starts at the end of this month and I will be consumed with papers, peoples, soccer balls and all that stuff. I said NO. Even though it was the right choice for this moment in my life, it was still hard and I felt a tinge of guilt. I know we could have helped these kids, but I have to keep my own kids in mind. During soccer season my kids are lucky if I remember to buy milk so they can have cereal for breakfast and dinner. I can't imagine having 3 more little peoples around to care for. Maybe we'll be ready in a few months. Point of the whole story, I haven't failed at any of my goals yet and it has been a whole week. Good luck with all of your goals for the year.


2 comments:

Brynne said...

Des, I love your goals. And I don't believe you for a minute that your family has cereal for breakfast AND dinner! See you on the sidelines soon...

Sharlee said...

Wow. One whole week. You're my idol. I haven't even started my new years goals. How sad is THAT!?

So.... did you go to Pilates on Thursday? How was it?