We are little bit involved in soccer, so for about 8 weeks in the spring we're all a little crazy. This year all 5 of our children played soccer. With some help from family, everyone had someone at all of their games. It was a little crazy but the kids had fun. After this season we decided we need to find other activities, we can't all do soccer.

This was Landon first season to play. He's been so excited to play. Because of his surgery he missed the first 3 games. On the day of his first game he was up and dressed in his soccer uniform at 7 am. Once he got to the field he wasn't too sure about the whole thing. Infact, he wouldn't play for the first half. With much encouragement from dad he went on the field. He's suprised all by not being his usual aggressive self. After the game he said he didn't want to kick the ball when there was lots of people around him. I do the scheduling of the refs so I scheduled Bayler to ref some of his games when I knew that Scott and I may not be able to make it. Thats Bayler in the picture above. In that game the other team was winning by a lot and Landon decided to take matters into his own hands. After elbowing one of the players in the gut he proceeded to play goalie and save a couple of balls. Now this wouldn't be a terrible thing except that in this age group they don't have a goalie. So every time he would catch the ball the other team would get a penalty shot. Bayler kept telling him not to catch the ball. His response was,"But they keep scoring on us." He ended up scoring some goals, eating lots of treats and having a good time.


This was Avery second and final season to play soccer. She loves to go to the games and play with the girls on her team. It was fun to see how much she has improved but not worth it. We are excited for Avery to find a new sport that will have a positive impact on her and her personality. On her last game she got to play forward and she thought that was the bestest thing ever.


This is Tylee's fourth season to play competitive soccer with Scott as her coach. She seems to like it most of the time. She loves to spend one on one time with her dad when they have to drive to away games. At the beginning of the season their team looked like they had improved since the previous season. Toward the end of the season they played like they had forgotten everything they had learned. Oh well, they had fun.


Addason didn't play any soccer last year but I decided it was good exercise so I signed her up for rec soccer. We ended up putting together a team with all her friends and one of the dads coached them. She loved it!!! Out of all the kids, I think she had the most fun. She wasn't scared of the ball this year and ended up being one of the best on her team. Now she wants to play soccer next time. It was so good for her to be on her own team and not have a sibling to share the light with. We loved her coach, he was always so positive with the girls.


Bayler had the opportunity to played on the Mountain Crest JV team. He dressed varsity through all the preseason games but never played. The start of the year took some adjusting, it wasn't all he had expected it to be. As the season went on he decided to just make the best of the experience. He got to know lots of awesome boys and expanded his circle of friends. Towards the end of the season he got some time playing varsity and then to top it off they made it to the state play offs, but that's in the next post.
2 comments:
Wow, I'm so impressed you're already posting about soccer! Your season was 10x more hectic than mine--I'm still so far behind on my blog (due to soccer season!) that it'll be a while still :) I am super impressed that every one of your kids had someone there at all of their games. I wish I could say that :( And I only had 4 teams. So happy for you that you have family around to help support you and your kids--what a blessing!
Good idea to scale back your family soccer next year :) BUT - we are definitely going to at least one of Bayler's games next year.
Jeff and I were talking about you the other day. You are clearly supermom, and we only wish you knew how amazing you are!
Post a Comment