Jun 18, 2011

Smith Reunion

We got to go to the awesome reunion house again this year. I've been so excited to go for weeks. We left monkey with another set of foster parents and just our little family headed out Tuesday afternoon. I was excited to have no extra kids with us and ready to just relax and play with the kids. When I'm at home there's always a million things that I should be doing. When we go somewhere else, I leave all those responsibility at home. It's a great feeling. The first thing the kids do is play with the big squishy blocks.


The girls nominated Bayler to be be the King of the Castle.

One of the other favorites is playing with the big wheels. The 3 car garage has been turned into a play area with big bikes, roller blades, giant legos and billions of balls. There's not a picture to prove it but I even rode on the bikes. Going down this little hill is actually fun.
The caravan of bikes


There weren't any kids the girls age so occasionally they could be found doing this.

We made the drive to Yellowstone but got there right after Old Faithful went off. So we had 90 minutes to spare. It wouldn't have been such a big deal except that it was freezing. It even snowed for a few minutes. We'd brought a picnic lunch but opted to stay in the car to eat it. That took a whole 10 minutes. So Bayler used his I-touch for a not so competitive game of 'Name that Tune'. Avery and Tylee had no chance, Addason won almost every time.
When we were about ready to kill each other in the car we decided to take a look in the Visitor Center. It had an interactive childrens area that kept us entertained until Old Faithful blew again.

I'm really in this picture, Scott is strangling me and holding me down. The kids weren't too impressed with Old Faithful so we decided to go visit a few geysers. There was a slight problem though. It was so cold that the hot geysers made a lot of steam and we couldn't see all the different colors, actually we couldn't see the water at all. The steam was thick and heavy. We all got soaked.


If you look close you can kinda see the beads of condensation all over his head, eyebrows and face.


Not everyone had fun the whole time. Landon got sick on the second day we were there, he threw up a couple times in the morning then was playing by afternoon. The next evening 12 people got sick and there was throw up everywhere. This was the little trail I made after Addason didn't make it to the toilet. I was worried Tylee or Avery would have the same problem. Scott and Addason got sick but the rest of us were fine. So for the most part my family had a great time.
On our way home we stopped by the city that Addason was born in. We even drove by the hospital so she could see the actual place where she was born. We enjoyed a walk by the falls and lunch. Then home we did trot. Thanks to Grandma R for the great vacation.

1 comment:

Fiagle Family said...

how fun... and eventful. Whats a trip without some one sick?! Hope to see you guys sometime next week when out there