Aug 11, 2011

The County Fair

I got the opportunity to help on the city's grain display for the fair again this year. Hopefully this looks familiar to those of you that are from around here. I personally did those cute little bleachers(aren't they so adorable), benches and garbage cans. Our great friend Kunane and my brother Marshall welded the fence together and all I had to do was set it up and put the meshy stuff on. Everything was made exactly to scale, except the light and I didn't do those. I thought it turned out pretty cool, even if there wasn't hardly any grain, fruits or veggies used in it. That may have been one of the reasons we didn't win a ribbon.

It only took about 20 hours to get the display set up. Some of the other people were there for days and days working on their displays. I'm not sorry to say that I don't care enough about the display to spend that much time. I had lots of fun with the other ladies but I'll be okay if I never do it again.


2 comments:

Sharlee said...

A-mazing!

Stef said...

You did a great job, it looks just like the ballpark! Malynn loved the snack stand.:)