Sep 18, 2011

Florida

Scott was asked to go to Florida for a work convention. He of course, readily agreed. Because I was so jealous he checked on flight prices for me, they were fairly reasonable. After talking to our moms and working out a babysitting schedule, we decided I would go too. The next day the flight prices doubled and I decided it wasn't worth it. Well, Scott decided it was and booked the flight anyway. So we headed out to Florida on Monday at 4 am arriving in Florida at 4pm. We checked into this amazing resort. Scott was gone everyday from 7 am until about 9m. I woke up whenever I wanted, ate whenever I wanted, napped, laid out, swam, did some crocheting. I never got bored. It was so peaceful and relaxing. Scott's conference got over on Thursday so we headed to the beach for dinner at Sloppy Joes and a swim in the ocean. We watched the sunset from the water and stayed out until after the sun went down. I took a picture of the sunset with my phone but I can't figure out how to get on to the computer so I can't put it on here.
The rooms are kinda shaped in a "U" and then in the middle is this massive atrium. There are live alligators, fish, turtles and lizards that live in it.

Scattered in the atrium are shops and restaurants. At this particular restaurant you can eat in a boat on a real body of water with little sharks and fish swimming around.
This is where I spent most of my time, laying out by the pool. I was out 6 hours one day and barely a tan to show for it. I was a bit bummed but it felt marvelous.
We came home to the cold and rain. It once again made me wonder why the heck do we live where we do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So great that you decided to go! Looks like an amazing trip!