Nov 26, 2011

It's a Boy

Little Tate, the night we got him.



On the evening of Friday, Nov 4th I got a call from DCFS, asking if I would go pick up a 5 day old baby from Salt Lake. If you know me at all, you know what I said-OF COURSE!! So I called a friend to drive down with me. I was told before I left that I didn't need anything for him, it would all be provided. When I was abouy there, the caseworker called and said I needed to stop and get a car seat. So we took the first exit and found a Target. I love Target but this one didn't have much of a selection. There were 2 seats, one for $106 and one for $130, soo cheap, NOT. I got the cheaper one and couldn't resist getting this super soft baby blanket too. Then we were back on our way. He was waiting at the Christmas Box house in Salt Lake. When they brought him out, I was shocked how little he was. I'm still not sure of his birth weight but they thought it was about 5 lb 10 oz. He was in a little blue onsie. He reminded me of a miniature old man. The staff provided me with one diaper, one bottle and a small blanket. I signed all the paper work and asked about his name. They weren't sure what it was. So I took our new tiny, no named baby and headed home. Our drive home wasn't the best. It was raining really hard through Salt Lake and snowing through the canyon. I was anxious to get him home and hold him and show the kids. We made it home safe and sound around 9:30-10 pm. Bayler had some friends over, so they took turns holding him and we discussed names. We decided we would call him Tate until we found out his real name. Scott and I headed out in the snow storm at 10:30 pm for formula, diapers, clothes, binkies and other misc baby stuff. Our adventure of having a newborn in the house again has begun. Hopefully it will go a lot better than the last time with little Landon. That's a story for another time.

No comments: