Nov 5, 2011
New Project
As most of you know, we do foster care. I feel very passionate about helping these children and their families. After an experience we had in the spring with one of our foster kids, I realized a need that our area has. We have a good amount of kids coming into the system and lots of families willing to take them but not a lot financial support. When children come into care they are brought to their foster families with whatever they were wearing, or in most cases, what they're not wearing. As a foster family, sometimes we have 15 minutes to 1/2 an hour to get ready for our new arrival. Of course when they come they aren't generally really happy to be with us and they're trying to deal with many emotions. The last thing I want to have to do is leave this child during their crisis moments to go to the store and buy some basic things. It would be so nice to have the case worker bring a bag with the necessities when they bring the child. The state does not have funding to do this. So as a foster parent I'm starting the Komfort Kit Project. It will be made possible my volunteers and donations from business and people like you. If you're looking for a charity to give to this Christmas, please consider this one. Click here KOMFORT KITS to go to our blog or visit us on Facebook to learn more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I just ordered some diapers and will be bringing them over soon!
What a great idea! We may have some leftovers of things that Norah grows out of before she can come home from the hospital. When that time comes I'll be doing an donation for sure!
Post a Comment