Mar 6, 2012

Recent Things

I've been horrible about posting. There's a bunch of little everyday things that have happened, but I've been too busy to post them. The biggest news for this week is.......wait for it.........I'm feeling like a human again. Yep, I can move and walk and breathe without feeling like I'm dying. It's a marvelous feeling. I think I might even be getting my appetite back. I've eaten 2 meals that tasted yummy.

Yes, I've started showing. There's no hiding it now. I feel huge, but I know that it's gonna get much worse in the months to come. I know I shouldn't be complaining. There are people every where that would do anything to be pregnant. Once upon a time, in what seems like a different life, it was me. But for me, right now, I just need to vent and express how I'm feeling. I very much dislike the feeling that my body has been taken over. I've got no control of whats happening to me. I gain 20lbs when I've eaten nothing but a few oranges and plain bread. Then to make it worse, I get indigestion from the oranges and bread. Already I can't sleep the way I want to. I can't lay on my belly anymore. When I lay on my back I feel like my insides are getting squished. Most smells still make me want to throw up. I thought I had zit issues before, now it's 100 times worse, they never clear up.

I can't believe something so little can cause so much chaos with my body. This is what he/she looks like this week. I wish thats how I was looking right now, but my tummy sticks out way more than this picture. According to several websites, our baby is almost 9oz and is about 9 inches from head to toe.
On a more positive happy note, I get my ultra in exactly one week. I get the most pleasure from the fact that we aren't telling ANYONE what we are having. Isn't that sooo much FUN. It makes me excited thinking about. I'll know something you don't know. That doesn't ever happen. It's about the only thing that makes me happy about being pregnant and the fact that their will be a baby at the end of this long journey. Also in 6 days I will be half way done. Yippee!!!

Foster care update. We still have Leland and Jeanene. We were hoping that they would be close to going home at their 6 month review in April, but such is not the case. Their mom is still in the exact same spot now as she was when we got the kids in December. All she needs to do is get an apartment. Then she can start having longer day visits and then overnighters. I love when kids have weekend visits, its' so wonderful. It gives my family a little break and it makes it easier when we get them back. Right now they have two one hour visits and thats not long enough for anything.

1 comment:

Heather Palmer said...

I've always wanted to keep what I'm having a secret like that but I'm sure I'd slip. I hear you on the pregnancy stuff. I always hate when people say crap like "oh I love my pregnancies I never get sick." I feel like saying whoop de do for you lady. For some reason some of us have to work harder for it. I'm glad that you are able to eat again! Always a wonderful feeling. I'm guessing you aren't telling your kids either. I think it sounds fun. Don't pull a Jenny and make us think your having a boy when your having a girl though...