I'm going back in time with this post. I fell a little behind during the summer and I'm going to try to get all caught up today. These pictures pretty much sum up all we did, or didn't do this summer. The kids said this was the most boring summer they've ever had. When you try shoving it all into one post it seems like a lot. Most of it was done after Dreyden was born.
I found the recipe for sidewalk chalk paint on pintrest and the kids were so excited to try it. It turned out great. It entertained everyone for about 1 1/2 hours until they were too hot to do more.
The week after Dreyden was born I was anxious to go do something outside before it got too cold. We headed up the canyon and had dinner, made a fire and of course roasted marshmallows. It was a very peaceful evening, Landon was at grandma Debbie camp.
At one of my moms family dinners the kids decided to do a little show. I'm not really sure what is was suppose to be about but the costumes were great!!
On August 6th we had the opportunity to go to this huge water-slide park for FREE cause we are foster parents. I knew I wouldn't be able to participate in all the fun but we knew the kids would love it. The kids had fun but I don't think I would pay to go here again.
My sister, Shellece was kind enough to let us go out to her house and enjoy their swimming pool with them. The kids stayed in the water for 3 straight hours and didn't want to get out when it was time to go home.
Lately these two have started to look just like each other. To Avery's disappointment, they are about the same size too. I think they look like twins.
We've had a favorite park that we've been going to for the last 4-5 years. Last year and the year before we would go have lunch there every week during the summer. There's only been people there a handful of times. There's plenty of shade and water. This year someone added a rope swing. The kids love it and want to go back everyday.
Bayler has even come with us once this year and the girls convinced him to go on the swing too.
At the beginning of summer Bayler told us about this bridge he and his friends went and jumped off of. He would go to this bridge 2-3 times a week after work. After a couple of weeks the girls started getting curious about this bridge. Finally after the baby was born we went and took a look at what he was talking about. The girls didn't want to try jumping until Bayler was with them.
Bayler doesn't just jump off the bridge, he has to do some kind of trick or flip. I'm glad I haven't seen what else he's done, this backflip made me sick.
Avery had a really hard time finding the nerve to jump off. I don't blame her, I don't know that I would ever do it.
When Dreyden was almost 2 weeks we decided to go camping in a Kunane's trailer. It was kinda stressful but it was nice to be out in nature and the kids had a great time.
Avery was gone at her Grandma Debbie camp so Landon didn't have anyone to play with. He made is own little fire pit and built fires for entertainment. I think he must have built about 50 little fires.
We took a walk around the campsite and there is a place in the river that gets really deep. Scott dared Tylee to jump in. He said he would pay her $10 if she jumped in and swam down stream a ways. Tylee said "no way". To our great astonishment Addason said she wanted to do it. After agreeing to it, she had a hard time actually doing it. A good 5 minutes of freaking out went by before she made the plunge. She swam faster than I've ever seen her swim before.
She was so proud of herself for doing it.
She proceeded to talk Tylee into jumping in with her. She bribed her with $5 of the $10 she was getting.
1 comment:
Looks like a great summer! I can't believe how adventurous you are with a new babe, that's awesome. Love the pics--beautiful family!
Post a Comment