We are all so in love with our little Drey. We can never get enough of him. When Scott comes up to eat lunch Dreyden has to sit at the table with him and eat something, even if he just finished eating. He's such a daddy's boy. Landon was the same way but it took him a little longer to realize dad was way more fun than mom. When Scott has to go back down to his office to work Dreyden falls apart cause daddy left him. Scott of course loves it!!
Dreyden loves having friends around all day. Him and "C" can play really good together and then sometimes they can fight really good. He will have the hardest time out of everyone when they leave.
I introduced play-dough to the kids the other day and boy oh boy what a hit. Of course with all the playing comes a huge mess. Especially with Dreyden playing with it. He's mostly likes to make little pieces, eat them then spit them out. He hates the taste, yet he keeps doing it over. Silly little boy.
I had told "C" to get her shoes on at least 5 times and she wouldn't. Finally I told her that I would leave her home cause she didn't listen. She of course started bawling. Dreyden went into the mud room, got her shoes and tried putting them on for her. He didn't want her sad.
I love Pilates and I've got a group of friends that get together at the church and Skype with another friend that instructs us in Pilates. It's always at Dreys nap-time so I've been hit and miss. I REALLY need to do more things for my self and so I've been determined to make it there both days. It's VERY difficult for me to get 5 kids up feed, dressed and ready, one off to school and make it there by 9 am. Once there, I feel like I spend most of the time chasing kids, ending arguments, calming hurt feelings or kissing owies. I keep telling myself that its worth it, right?
I won't lie and say that the last 2 months have been easy and that having 9 kids is no different then 6 kids, cause it is. Most of the time it's good. But there are those terrible moments too. I feel worn out a lot more frequently these days and Scott pointed out today that my fuse seems to be rather short. I'm sure there are many things that play into it. The simple fact that I now have 4 kids home all day, rather then one. I've got 2 babies that need lots of attention and I'm getting old. Generally when I'm in the shower or using the bathroom there is at least one kid IN the bathroom with me and 3 banging on the door until I come out. My days seem too short to get any thing really productive done but at the same time bedtime never can come soon enough. Any way, I lot of the time I feel like a chicken with it's head cut off and so I was trying to find ways to simplify my life. I decided to have a cooking day and do the majority of my two week menu in one day. I love the simplicity of it. Slight problem though. My kids haven't really liked many of the recipes I've used. My thought on that is.... I made a nutritious warm homemade meal, if you don't like it, too bad for you. Such a loving mother aren't I?? I'm in love with these beautiful girls. They just keep getting more fun!! I love to watch them together. Addason hates anyone touching her, sitting close to her, breathing by her or getting anywhere near her bubble, everyone but Tylee. Tylee can sit on her lap, wrap her arms around her, lay next to her, even kiss her check. Although the kiss on the check may look like the picture below.
Landon has decided that he's a bath robe kinda dude. He wore it every minute that he was home for the first couple days after we got it. Of course he got a little warm with all those layers on and would have to take it off to cool down.
I sat watching Bayler as he worked on homework or scholarship stuff the other day when it dawned on me that moments like these are going to be ending soon. It can make me overwhelmingly sad if I ponder on it too long. It also makes me excited for the future. It's been fun to watch him grow and turn into this amazing young man. I can't wait to see what he does with his life.
No comments:
Post a Comment