This summer has not been anything like we were planning, hoping or counting on but we're trying to make the best of it. Our little extra peoples were suppose to be home by the first part of June. We figured it would go a little over and we would be stuck at home all of June but we would still have July and August to spend doing fun family things before Bayler left. Unfortunately with foster care there are so many variables and no way to predict whats going to happen or when. So in the meantime we are in limbo and stuck at home. The reason we are stuck at home is because we've got too many kids to legally fit in the suburban. Not only that our schedule is determined by when and how long visits and court dates are. I did an awesome craft box that has at least 20 different crafts with all the material and directions in a bag.
I also made idea cards with 100 things to do when your bored.
I'm hoping it may seem like we are intentionally staying home to do all our fun stuff. I've been terrible about taking pictures of the things we've done. Here are some of the activities we've done.
Throw water ballons off the top deck and see if we can hit someone down below.
We've spent hours doing nails. I actually took the time to do mine. They aren't the best but it was still fun.
Played in our little pool to stay cool when it's 100 degrees outside.
Tinfoil river
Used masking tape and paint on canvas to make cool art.
Made chevron flower pots
Made a mission impossible course that took over 2 hours to create and 10 minutes to go through.
Sent the older kids and their cousins to the mini golf course for a couple hours.
Went to the summerfest, a must do thing in the valley.
Enjoyed chips and salsa while listening to music.
I'm not sure where we were at or what we were doing but he looks like this a lot lately, but it's totally my fault. Our time is running out with him so I make him go with us everywhere and most of the time it's very boring for him. He's such a good sport about it and knows that I'm starting to freak out a little bit.
It seems like we've spent a lot of time at the dentist and orthodontist this summer. Maybe that's cause there's eleven of us and we all need stuff done at the same time.
I was having a bad day and Avery made pancakes for dinner. She made this for me and left a little note that that said she loved me and was glad I was her mom. She said it was a cool pancake cause it said wow and mom at the same time. I love my girlies!!
Best of all, I got to go on a little hike with just the two of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment