Jun 4, 2016

Landon

I don't know if I'm going to survive this kid!! I sure do love him but sometimes I want to strangle him.  He is so kind hearted, sweet and willing to help everyone in any way he can.  He loves to snuggle and give loves. He also loves to do what he wants to do and generally that means he doesn't like to do whatever it is I want him to do.  If I say something about anything then he doesn't want to have anything to do with whatever it is.  That didn't really make sense.  He loves to ride his bike but if I suggest he go on a bike ride then suddenly he hates riding his bike.  He is like that with everything, literally everything, clothes, shoes, activities, brushing his teeth, taking a bath, homework.  You name it and he probably hates or won't do it if I mention it.  He so wonderful at school and the teachers adore him but the second he gets home he has so much built up energy he becomes a wild man.  The only thing that calms him down is do play video games, which I totally hate! What he needs is to run around outside and do something active but of course he won't.  Can you see how we might struggle. But boy oh boy is he a smarty pants.  Trust me when I say it's nothing we as parents have done.  He just came that way.  I know that he is capable of doing great things but they will have to be great things that he comes up with cause he won't take suggestions from us.  
He is in a program for gifted kids and one of the things they did was to research a person in history that has changed or bettered the world.  Someone that you want to be like.  He picked Theodore Seuss Geisel (Dr Seuss) as his person.


 The kids all got up and read a poem that had hints about the person they were.  Landon worked so hard on writing and memorizing his poem.  He was soo nervous and once it was his turn he got up and totally forgot it.  I asked him if he wanted me to bring a copy with me in case he forgot I could try to help him. He said no cause he wouldn't forget. I felt so bad for him, he turned so red and was trying so hard to remember it.

 He loves playing the cello and was excited to get to perform in front of his school.
 The next week he had the science fair which wasn't too hard to put together at the last minute. Which is what we did cause he never wanted to work on it and before we knew we only had one day left.
 He was the first in his school to complete the "Aleks" program, which is some math program that they do in our schools until 7th grade.  He got this gift from his teacher and he LOVES it.  He thinks it's so much fun.
He had his end of year orchestra concert at the high school.  He is fun to watch cause he bobs his head to the beat of the music as he plays.  

No comments: