Aug 21, 2014

The Farwell

I've been avoiding doing these next couple of post because they make my cry so hard I can't load pictures or type.  This was the start of my bawling phase, which has not ended as of yet.  The Stake President came over on Monday night to set him apart (give him a blessing) to make him an official missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints.  He talked to us about the importance of what he would be doing and why then asked us to tell him why Bayler would make a good missionary.   To hear all the sweet wonderful things about my first child stirred up some strong emotions.  Pres. Barfuss doesn't really know Bayler yet his blessing was very specific and so him.  Some parts made me nervous and some made me cry to hear the amazing things he will do.  I've never been to another setting apart so I'm not sure if they are also like this and if they are always so long.  It was over 10 minutes and wasn't trying to keep track, but it was Dreyden bedtime and he was being a stinker.   
We went outside to get pictures of the two of us, cause I forgot to do it at the farwell.  That when it all hit, my baby was leaving, not just on a little trip but for two whole years and to another continent.  I wouldn't be able to have our heart to heart talks, cook together late into the night, get hugs, or hear him say "I love you" every night before bed.  He won't be here to say thank you after every meal and offer to help clean up and tell me several times a day that I'm the best mom ever.  He's going to miss 2 whole years of being part of our family.  Little Dreyden isn't going to remember him when he comes back and that alone breaks my heart.  I only let it get to me for a couple minutes then I pulled myself together because I know this is what he suppose to do and cause I HATE crying.    
I was trying not to have the dumb crying look but I wasn't very successful.

Bayler's did great on his talk of course, he always does.  I asked him to please NOT mention our family in his talk cause that would make me cry and I didn't want to.  He kept his end of the bargain and so I didn't cry, maybe I got just a little teary eyed.  

You know me and baking, I just had to do one more thing, then another and another.  Bayler had said he kinda thought there may be a lot of people, like around 150.  That made me a little nervous so I just kept baking and baking.  We ended up having about 170-180 people, but we had enough food for 250 people. It turned out great thanks to all the family for so much help making and serving food.  

We had family that drove kinda far to come and that was awesome.  We had friends from our old ward come and that was great, especially for me.  I loved seeing friendly faces of people I know and love.  Of course Bayler had herds of girls and some guys too that came.  There were tons of pictures of friends but I opted to not post them cause I don't know the majority of them anyway.  I forgot to get pictures of our family with him and of his best friends.  It was too crazy to remember everything.  The house and yard were great and if you look close you might notice that theres grass almost everywhere in my backyard.  It was a success!!! 
























No comments: